To add a new feed to your MySite account, do the following:
Click on "Add New Feed" tab once you are logged into your MySite account.
- On the next page, fill in the URL to the RSS feed that you want to add in the "Feed URL" text box and click the "Add to MySite" button.
- Verify the feed title displayed and click the "Continue" button.
On the following page, you'll see the preview of your MySite widget created using the default style. If you wish to choose a different style for your widget from the available pre-defined styles, do the following:
Note: If you are subscribed to the MySite Pro account, then you can either select a pre-defined template as explained below OR you can design your own template for that seamless integration into your web page. To see how to design your own templates see: *Designing Your Own MySite Templates*
Click Here to subscribe to MySite Pro for a minimal fee today!
MySite Pro allows you to design your own MySite Templates and also to allow other publishers displaying your feed on their web pages to use your distinguished template to do so. Moreover, it also gives you an Advertisement Free MySite Widget.
Changing the MySite Widget Style:
Select from the pre-defined layouts listed in the "Flavor" drop down box
- Choose the color from the "Color" drop down box
Note: The preview dynamically changes with your selection
Next, if you wish to change the settings such as Maximum Items to be Displayed and Item Display Order, click on the "Advanced Settings" button and do the following:
Changing the Number of Items to be Displayed:
Enter the number of items you want to be displayed at a time in the "Max. Items to be Displayed" text box. (The default is 8).
Changing the Item Display Order:
Select your choice from the "Item Display Order" drop down box
Once done making the above changes, click the "Save Settings" button.
Next, click the "Get MySite Code" button to go to the MySite Code Generation Page.
- On this page, click on the programming language you want your code in from the options shown to generate your MySite widget code.
- Copy the generated code (displayed in the textarea below) and paste it in the HTML source of the page you want this widget to be displayed on.