Podcasting is basically a way of publishing and distributing audio files on the Internet using RSS. Podcasting in simple words is an RSS feed which contains an audio file. Users can subscribe to podcasts using aggregators or readers, which periodically check for updates and downloads new content. It can then synchronize the content to the user's portable music player like iPod.
However, podcasting does not necessarily require an iPod. Any digital audio player or computer with the appropriate software like iTunes can play podcasts. In other words, podcasting gives users the freedom to choose what they want to listen and when.
This brand new way of broadcasting content is still misunderstood by many publishers, even though it's growing rapidly. Therefore, RapidFeeds gives you the privilege to start distributing your own podcast at no cost.
To create and publish your podcast using RapidFeeds, follow the simple steps given below:
Recording Your Content
The first step would be to record your content, which you want to make available to your subscribers. You'll need a microphone and an audio recording software. You can use the following free software's to record your audio file:
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder, which runs on both Windows and Mac. With Audacity you can record live audio, convert tapes and records into digital recording, edit and mix sounds, change speed of recording etc.
PodProducer is a free Windows application for recording Podcasts. With PodProducer you can easily record your voice and add effects, markers, jingles, etc.. over it. It's very simple and easy to use.
Hosting Your Podcast
Once you have your audio file ready to roll, you'll need to export your podcast. After that you'll have to make it downloadable, either from your server or you can use popular online services like:
Ourmedia.org provides free storage and free bandwidth for your video and audio files.
Podbus.com provides you with an easy and inexpensive way to host your podcasts. With rates as low as $5 per month for 300 MB of storage space and 5 GB of monthly bandwidth
Audioblog.com makes it easy for anyone to upload, record over the web, or phone-in audio and video.
Publishing Your Podcast
To publish and setup your own podcast using RapidFeeds, follow the simple steps given below:
Log-in to your account and create a new RSS feed by clicking on the "Create New Feed" tab
1. Enter the title of your podcasting feed
2. Enter the URL of your website or web page
3. Enter the overall description of your podcasting feed
4. Click on "Create New Feed" to create your feed
Once your feed is added successfully, click on the "Add Item to this Feed" link on the next page. Upon clicking it, you'll arrive on the "Add Item" page. Here you'll be given two options, "Basic Form & Advanced Form". Click on the "View Advanced Form (with Podcasting)" to proceed...
5. Enter the title for this specific podcast
6. Enter a description of your podcast, describing what it contains
7. Enter the URL of the website or web page you want to associate with your podcast
8. Enter your email if you are the author for this podcast
9. Enter the closest category for your podcast
10. Enter your comments URL if you want your listeners to comment
11. Select the publishing date for your podcast. You can schedule it to be published for a future date also
12. Enter the URL of your audio file, which contains your podcast in the enclosure section
13. Enter the file size (in bytes)
14. Select the type of your podcast's audio file
15. Click on "Add item" to add your podcast
You can add another podcast on the next page or select a chicklet (button) for your feed and finish publishing. That's how simple it is to set up your podcast using RapidFeeds!
Podcasting is spreading across the web at a break neck speed. Everyone wants to be a part of the podcasting community. So why should you be left behind?
Use RapidFeeds to create your own podcasting feeds and let the world "hear" you!